Overview3205 102nd Ave. N.E. Bellevue, Washington 98004
Nita-Jo is a Seattle-based garden designer and educator. Active in the Northwest Horticultural Society, she has developed numerous programs and spearheaded the NHS displays at the Northwest Flower & Garden Show.
- Past President of the Northwest Horticultural Society
- Lifetime Georgia Master Gardener
- Board of Directors, Bellevue Botanical Garden Society
- Steering Committee, Heronswood
- Owner of LeGrand Gardens, a landscape design and installation company in Atlanta until moving to Seattle in 2001
- Speaker at the Northwest Flower and Garden Show
- Featured on the HGTV television show, “Gardening by the Yard”
- Frequent guest on the radio show, “Gardening With Ciscoe” in Seattle
- Personal garden featured in Pacific Northwest Magazine
- Atlanta garden featured in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles Magazine
- Speaker at numerous gardening clubs and organizations
- Amazing Annuals—Big Bangs for the Bucks New and unusual as well as tried and true, annuals are not just for containers; use them in your planting beds as well. Photos and descriptions of a variety of annuals used in combinations with mixed beds and containers will illustrate uses.
- Welcoming and Designing Roses into Your Garden--Roses--they're not just for rose beds anymore! Learn how to successfully incorporate a variety of roses into your mixed beds and landscape. Garden design principles and how to apply them so you can include these beauties in your garden will be highlighted.
- Planting Combinations—What’s Hot and What’s Not Rules of garden design help you learn how to combine plantings in borders and containers. Photos of numerous examples will give you ideas and plant choices.
- Hydrangeas—What, How, Wow! Go beyond your grandmother's hydrangeas and discover a world of exciting cultivars and species. Learn how to successfully care for and grow these showy and versatile beauties. Nita-Jo will review flower color, cultural requirements, bloom time, pruning, and inspire you with design tips.
- Captivating Camellias--It's hard to beat the old-time charm of these hardy, dependable beauties. Discover new favorites and old friends, cultivation tips, how to use in containers and in the garden, and which are fall, winter, or spring blooming.
Based in Pacific Northwest